I. Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When you access or use our Services, we collect and store certain information about you or your Clients, including your or your Clients’ “Personal Information.” Personal Information is information that, alone or in combination with other information in our possession, could be used to personally identify you or your Clients. We collect the following categories of Personal Information and other information when you access our Services, either when you provide it directly to us, or automatically, through the use of our or third-party vendor technologies. We also collect these categories from our service providers, marketing and advertising networks, and other third parties, such as your employer, financial institution, insurance carrier, or benefits administrator.
Please note that the Personal Information we collect depends on your relationship with us. For example, we generally collect all or most of the below categories of information about your Clients in order to provide the tax related offering of our Services. If you are accessing our Services in order to assist a Client, we may not collect all of the below categories.
- Contact Information: Your name, address, phone number, email address, and telephone number. This may include your personal and business contact information.
- Demographic Information: Date of birth, marital status, and household details. This may also include certain life events that may affect your tax liability, such as disability or employment status.
- Financial Information: Income, details about your assets and financial transactions, and bank account numbers and associated information. This also includes your taxpayer information, such as withholding selections and dependents.
- Identification: Social Security number, driver’s license number, taxpayer identification number, or other government-issued identification number.
- Communications: Your messages, emails, or other communications with us, such as when you send us business inquiries or send us messages through the Services. Depending on how you interact with us, this may also include recordings of your telephone conversations with us, such as if you call us for customer service purposes.
- Professional Information: Your company, job title, industry affiliations, and other similar information.
- Account credentials: Your username and password if you choose to create an account with us.
- Identifiers and Website Activity: Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device ID, and similar technological identifiers. This includes details of your visits to our Platform and information generated in the course of the use of our Services, such as the timing, frequency, and pattern of use, click data, other communication data, and how you interact with the Services and our marketing communications, including the resources that you access in the Services. This also includes the website you visited before coming to our Platform and the websites you went to after leaving our Platform.
- Network Activity: This includes details regarding the device(s) and browser(s) you use to access our Services, including your operating system and browser type.
- Social Media Information: Account names, handles, biographies, and other details that you make available on social media networks.
- Geolocation: Your general geographic location, e.g., your state, county, or city that is associated with your IP address.
- Other information you may provide to us, such as when you upload or provide us with documents.
- Inferences we make based on the above.
II. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To develop and provide you with the Services, including to maintain, repair, analyze, and improve the content and functionality of the Services, personalize, and enable your use of the Services, and develop new products and features.
- To operate our business, including to process payment transactions, manage and enforce contracts with you or third parties, manage our corporate governance, compliance, and auditing practices, and generate anonymized or aggregated data.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to requests or questions you submit, send surveys about the Services, or provide notices.
- To advertise and market to you, including to inform you of our or our partners’ products, services, features or promotions, provide you with newsletters, announcements, and other content, or develop “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking. If we do so, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
- For any other purpose for which you, your employer, or your employer’s agent expressly authorize us to use your information or as we may otherwise state when collecting your Personal Information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
III. When and with Whom We Disclose Your Personal Information
We disclose the Personal Information identified above with the categories of third parties listed below for the purposes described above in Section II, unless otherwise noted.
- Third Parties in the Financial and Tax Industry, including tax preparers, banks, credit bureaus, and financial institutions as necessary to provide the Services or that you have otherwise identified to us and authorized to access your information.
- Service Providers that we engage to perform certain functions on our behalf, such as vendors that provide services like website hosting, database management, customer service, data analytics, and tax preparers who work with Black Ore.
- Corporate Affiliates, including our subsidiaries, parent entities, and others in our corporate structure.
- Government Agencies, including taxing authorities and their authorized collectors, in the countries in which we operate, only as necessary for us to provide you with the Services.
- Advertising Networks, including social media platforms, that deliver advertisements about us to you, including companies that utilize cookies and similar online tracking technologies in order to deliver advertisements that are personalized to you when you visit other websites (“interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising”).
- Third Parties in the Context of a Merger or Similar Business Transaction, as described above.
- Other third parties
- for legal reasons, including with companies that verify your identity for us and detect fraud, with legal and financial advisors, auditors, examiners, and certain (including potential) investors.
- to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including to comply with legal process, such as a court order or subpoena (including in a country other than your home country), protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety, and enforce our policies or contracts and collect amounts owed to us.
- to manage any referral program, including emailing potential customers that you have referred to us, which reference your name as the referral source.
- to further public policy or research goals, including publishing reports that incorporate aggregated and/or de-identified information.
- for any other purpose and to any other person with whom you, your employer, or your employer’s agent expressly authorize us to share your information.
IV. Your Privacy Choices and Rights
Your Privacy Choices
The privacy choices you may have about your Personal Information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
- Email and Text Messages. We may send promotional email and text messages. You can opt out of our promotional emails by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of our promotional emails or contacting us as described below. You can opt out of text messages from us by replying “STOP” or contacting us as described below. If you decide to opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications related to your use of the Services and messages about your account.
- Mobile Notifications. We may send you push notifications through our mobile app. You can opt out from receiving push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy setting you can set on some web browsers that signals to websites like ours that you don’t want your online activities to be tracked. At this time, we do not respond to DNT signals sent to us by your web browser.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may control the use or functionality of some cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you block these, certain Services (or function or features) may not work properly. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Depending on the advertising or analytics provider, they may offer their own opt-out method related to their products, such as Google. For more information, visit here.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on where you reside and in accordance with applicable law, you may have various rights with regard to your Personal Information. To exercise any applicable rights please contact us using the resources in the “Contact Information” Section below.
Special Information for California Residents
Under California’s Shine the Light Law, you have the right to request information from us regarding how we may share Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California’s Shine the Light Law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated email address listed below to receive the following information:
- the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others.
V. Important Information
We employ commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and to comply with applicable privacy laws in the states and countries in which we operate. However, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed to prevent any interception or other type of misuse. We also depend on you to protect your information. If you become aware of any breach of security or privacy, please notify us immediately. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosures.
B. International Data Transfers
All information processed by us or our service providers may be transferred, processed, or stored anywhere in the world, including in countries that may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. Your information may be accessible to the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of the United States or other jurisdictions. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
C. Links to Other Sites
D. Our Policy Toward Children
H. Contact Information
Black Ore Technologies, Inc.