Black Ore is building the leading AI platform for financial services. By combining LLMs, proprietary AI/ML and automation we accelerate core workflows for the industry, allow financial services professionals to be more productive and enable consumers to enhance their personal finance. Our flagship product, Tax Autopilot, combines AI with federal and state tax codes & regulations to simplify the tax preparation and review process for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and accounting firms.
Founded in 2022, we launched with $60 million in early stage funding from some of the world’s leading investors including a16z, Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Khosla Ventures, Oak HC/FT, Trust Ventures and leading tech founders/angel investors including Jason Gardner (Founder and CEO of Marqeta), Max Levchin (Founder of Paypal and Affirm), Tom Glocer (Former CEO of Thomson Reuters), Gokul Rajaram, and Mark Britto (EVP, CPO, PayPal).
Our team has an incredibly ambitious vision to completely transform the way businesses and consumers interact in financial services. We’re looking to hire strong team members to grow the team. Some of the traits we look for are:
- Owner Mentality - Desire to take initiative, identify problems and implement solutions
- Mission Driven - Passion for building AI/ML solutions that reimagine how businesses and consumers operate
- Intellectually Curious - Excitement going deep and building detailed understanding of the function, role, customer and problem space
- Team Oriented - Ability to collaborate respectfully and put the team above the self
You will be joining a group of talented, experienced engineers with successful track records building and scaling products / companies from idea to pre-IPO and beyond. As a member of the Full-Stack/Frontend team, you will be working directly with UX designers, product managers and encouraged to influence the end product design and user experience. Your deliveries will be used directly by people like yourself. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and deploying software components from the ground up to production. You will be expected to be able to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team’s software, making it better and easier to maintain.
* If you define yourself as a “React / Vue / Angular developer” this position is not for you.
- Willingness to work hard and drive objectives to completion autonomously
- Professional experience developing most aspects of modern web applications on both server side and client side.
- Proficiency and deep understanding of the core web technologies:
- Comfortable using the DOM and Web APIs directly (without libraries).
- Good understanding of js quirks and how to avoid common pitfalls around areas such “this” keyword, prototypes, and memory leaks.
- Strong grasp of CSS box model, flexbox, positioning, and css grids.
- Proficiency with at least one modern frontend JS framework/library
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with node.js, databases and linux environments
- Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Experience writing Web Components (without libraries)
- Active involvement in an OOS project
- Background in a low programming language (C, C++, Objective-C, Rust, etc..)
- Appreciative of a good design and attention to detail
What We Offer (for U.S. Based Employees)
- Competitive salary and equity based compensation
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Ability to define your own success
- Continuous learning and new challenges to master