Black Ore is building the leading AI platform for financial services. By combining LLMs, proprietary AI/ML and automation we accelerate core workflows for the industry, allow financial services professionals to be more productive and enable consumers to enhance their personal finance. Our flagship product, Tax Autopilot, combines AI with federal and state tax codes & regulations to simplify the tax preparation and review process for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and accounting firms.
Founded in 2022, we launched with $60 million in early stage funding from some of the world’s leading investors including a16z, Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Khosla Ventures, Oak HC/FT, Trust Ventures and leading tech founders/angel investors including Jason Gardner (Founder and CEO of Marqeta), Max Levchin (Founder of Paypal and Affirm), Tom Glocer (Former CEO of Thomson Reuters), Gokul Rajaram, and Mark Britto (EVP, CPO, PayPal).
Our team has an incredibly ambitious vision to completely transform the way businesses and consumers interact in financial services. We’re looking to hire strong team members to grow the team. Some of the traits we look for are:
- Owner Mentality - Desire to take initiative, identify problems and implement solutions
- Mission Driven - Passion for building AI/ML solutions that reimagine how businesses and consumers operate
- Intellectually Curious - Excitement going deep and building detailed understanding of the function, role, customer and problem space
- Team Oriented - Ability to collaborate respectfully and put the team above the self
As a product manager you will be working hand in hand with a team of experienced engineers and designers to build amazing products that will profoundly impact businesses and consumers across financial services. You will be expected to own the success of product scoping, buildout, delivery and scaling.
- Willingness to work hard and drive objectives to completion autonomously
- Experience building technical products from ideation to launch
- Demonstrated ability to own the product roadmap, priorities and execution, focusing on a specific business program
- Interest in getting into the weeds of technical & engineering problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small, experienced teams of engineers, data scientists and designers towards a common goal
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritization trade-offs
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and organizational/communication skills
- SQL competency; fluency in data (i.e. defining metrics, running experiments, etc)
- Experience as an engineer, data (applied) scientist or financial analyst/consultant
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience shipping products in a highly technical/quantitative area
What We Offer (for U.S. Based Employees)
- Competitive salary and equity based compensation
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Ability to define your own success
- Continuous learning and new challenges to master