Black Ore is building the leading AI platform for financial services. By combining LLMs, proprietary AI/ML and automation we accelerate core workflows for the industry, allow financial services professionals to be more productive and enable consumers to enhance their personal finance. Our flagship product, Tax Autopilot, combines AI with federal and state tax codes & regulations to simplify the tax preparation and review process for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and accounting firms.
Founded in 2022, we launched with $60 million in early stage funding from some of the world’s leading investors including a16z, Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Khosla Ventures, Oak HC/FT, Trust Ventures and leading tech founders/angel investors including Jason Gardner (Founder and CEO of Marqeta), Max Levchin (Founder of Paypal and Affirm), Tom Glocer (Former CEO of Thomson Reuters), Gokul Rajaram, and Mark Britto (EVP, CPO, PayPal).
Our team has an incredibly ambitious vision to completely transform the way businesses and consumers interact in financial services. We’re looking to hire strong team members to grow the team. Some of the traits we look for are:
- Owner Mentality - Desire to take initiative, identify problems and implement solutions
- Mission Driven - Passion for building AI/ML solutions that reimagine how businesses and consumers operate
- Intellectually Curious - Excitement going deep and building detailed understanding of the function, role, customer and problem space
- Team Oriented - Ability to collaborate respectfully and put the team above the self
You will be joining a group of talented, experienced engineers with successful track records building and scaling products / companies from idea to pre-IPO and beyond. As a member of the AI/ML team you will help develop and deploy large scale language models (LLMs) to power our platform. You will be responsible for training and inference infrastructure.
- Willingness to work hard and drive objectives to completion autonomously
- Proven track record of success building out LLM and deep learning systems
- Experience scraping and incorporating data at scale from public and private sources
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale data pipelines that feed billions of high-quality tokens into LLMs
- Strong programming skills
- Passion for creative problem solving
- Experience at premier AI research organizations (OpenAI, Google Brain, Deepmind)
- PhD in Machine Learning or related areas
What We Offer (for U.S. Based Employees)
- Competitive salary and equity based compensation
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Ability to define your own success
- Continuous learning and new challenges to master