Black Ore is building the leading AI platform for financial services. By combining LLMs, proprietary AI/ML and automation we accelerate core workflows for the industry, allow financial services professionals to be more productive and enable consumers to enhance their personal finance. Our flagship product, Tax Autopilot, combines AI with federal and state tax codes & regulations to simplify the tax preparation and review process for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and accounting firms.
Founded in 2022, we launched with $60 million in early stage funding from some of the world’s leading investors including a16z, Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Khosla Ventures, Oak HC/FT, Trust Ventures and leading tech founders/angel investors including Jason Gardner (Founder and CEO of Marqeta), Max Levchin (Founder of Paypal and Affirm), Tom Glocer (Former CEO of Thomson Reuters), Gokul Rajaram, and Mark Britto (EVP, CPO, PayPal).
Our team has an incredibly ambitious vision to completely transform the way businesses and consumers interact in financial services. We’re looking to hire strong team members to grow the team. Some of the traits we look for are:
- Owner Mentality - Desire to take initiative, identify problems and implement solutions
- Mission Driven - Passion for building AI/ML solutions that reimagine how businesses and consumers operate
- Intellectually Curious - Excitement going deep and building detailed understanding of the function, role, customer and problem space
- Team Oriented - Ability to collaborate respectfully and put the team above the self
You will partner with the CTO and Head of IT to ensure the security of Black Ore internally and our customer’s data and safety. You will manage Black Ore’s security strategy and its implementation to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the organization’s systems and information. You will ensure the security of our overall cloud-native IT environment and support day-to-day operations.
- Willingness to work hard and drive objectives to completion autonomously
- 5+ years of full-time experience as a security engineer
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT security technologies, adversary tactics, techniques, vulnerabilities, and procedures (TTPs) and MITRE ATT&CK principles
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, modeling, and correlation at scale
- Proficient with security principles, technologies and security engineering domains
- Experience defining, implementing, communicating and maintaining security strategy, policies, goals and requirements aligned with business strategy
- Experience deploying and managing Endpoint Security solutions, including Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) systems
- Experience ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards (e.g., SOC-2, ISO 27001, GDPR, etc.) and regulatory requirements related to IT security and data privacy.
- Experience developing tools and automation using common DevOps toolsets and programming languages
- Understanding of malware functionality and persistence mechanisms
- Ability to analyze endpoint, network, and application logs for anomalous events
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous problems in a hyper-growth environment
- Industry-related compliance, risk, or security management certification is preferred (CISA, CRISC, CISM, CISSP, ISO27000 Lead Auditor).
- Technical competence with automation and GRC tooling.
- Familiarity with cloud native security practices in GCP/AWS/Azure
What We Offer (for U.S. Based Employees)
- Competitive salary and equity based compensation
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Ability to define your own success
- Continuous learning and new challenges to master